A conversation between guys, together on the journey of life and spirituality.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Struggling Through Sin

You are NOT alone in your struggle to not do the things you do event though you don't want to do them. :)

Romans 8: What I find most convicting, and really, what breaks me (Which is necessary, I am finding, in my walk with Christ. We must be aware that we are broken.) into a realization that my need for forgiveness, and a desire to be pure, is knowing verse 9 and fighting to become that man filled with the Spirit.

As I think through this topic a few books jump into my mind: Screwtape Letters, Lord Foulgrins Letters, and Purity Principle.

I highly recommend you read Screwtape Letters (I think you will find me referring C.S. Lewis quite liberally), if you have not already, as soon as possible! The first two books really opened my eyes to the ongoing battle raging within us. Although in my opinion, viewing it this way, it is tempting to turn it into a challenge of self strength. "Am I?" or even "I am!" strong enough to win this battle. But it is in our very nature to always fall on our face, on our own accord. Find, pray, and search for the strength of Christ to overcome your temptations.

I pray that you can find comfort in this piece of scripture. 1 Peter 5:8-9 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of suffering.

God Bless you and your fight!

David Knepprath

No comments: