A conversation between guys, together on the journey of life and spirituality.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Paul on Peace

I think Paul has a lot to say on the subject, if a Christian should have any role in war.

Romans 12:17-21 "
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

It very much sounds like a case by case assessment as I stated in my last post. Bottom Line: I do not agree with a blanket statement that a Christian should never use violence or have a part in a war.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Matt said...

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you...

sounds like a higher standard than what we hold ourselves to.

Matt said...

That's a good thought. Are you going to respond to my post though?

DK said...

I agree that it does spin a pretty high standard, but it does leave it open-ended as a possibility.

Shawnda said...

hiya! thanks for leavin a comment! thats sweet.. ill def be praying for ya, and thanks for readin!