A conversation between guys, together on the journey of life and spirituality.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Love God

It really is so very romantic...

He's more than in us. It's not some weird "alien" type thing...it's not even a human baby in the womb type thing. It's even deeper than that. I know that's not how you think of the Spirit in us, but I guess that's how I've thought of it in the past. Sorry for projecting, just roll with it please.

My point is, it's so much more than the Holy Spirit...the Spirit of Christ...in us, separate from us...

Through the Spirit, Christ is united with us and we with him.

I am my beloved's and he is mine.

The Song of Songs may be talking about love, sex and marriage first and foremost, but our relationships are a beautiful image for us and Jesus. To back up your point about the Spirit while still driving towards unity in love, Christ has poured out his intense, passionate love for us through the Spirit whom he has given us (Romans 5.5)

Check out Ephesians 5.25-33

Sorry about being a jerk in my first post. It was a worthwhile question, for sure. And I responded foolishly.

Matt

2 comments:

DK said...

Our relationship with God is the epitome of romance. My fear is saying nice cushy sounding catchphrases that sound pretty but don't accurately portray God. It's just something I have become aware of recently when choosing my words.

...and I can't say I have ever imagined the Spirit as being a baby inside me...thats kind of freaky. :)

Matt said...

You should have been there yesterday when Marshall was talking to us for our leadership training. He said stuff that sounded alot like what you said in your earlier post.