A conversation between guys, together on the journey of life and spirituality.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Trinity Tongue Twisters

Your final interpretation is indeed what I was getting at. I have already expressed my frustration in my poorly formed question, but I think it turned out to be a better question then I originally thought after your response. It sparked a pretty interesting post on your part. You had a lot of really good thoughts to share on world views.

Thought, one thing didn't sit quite right with me.

You say, "Christ is in us". We throw stuff around like that all the time, and it sounds so very romantic. But, Christ is indeed in Heaven, no? His work on earth was finished. He now sits at the right hand of our Father acting as our interceder (Romans 8:34).

I believe you are speaking of the Spirits role in each of our lives. And now, the picture of believers as having the aroma of Christ becomes so much clearer. Through the Spirit working in our lives (at the deepest level) we are able to, called to, drawn to become Christ-like, emitting from the inside out the very essence of who Christ is.

And yes, they are both in and of the same God. However, I still believe their is much worth in understanding, and in turn, properly communicating the role and our interaction with each of the 3 persons of the Trinity.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?... All are welcome!

No comments: